1.1 You may access most areas of this Website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of this Website (including the vClub Area) are only open to you if you are a client of the Company and register.
1.2 By accessing any part of this Website, you shall be deweemed to have accepted this legal notice in full. If you do not accept this legal notice in full, you must leave this Website immediately.
1.3 The Company may revise this legal notice at any time by updating this posting. You should check this Website from time to time to review the then current legal notice, because it is binding on you. Certain provisions of this legal notice may be superseded or augmented by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Website.
2.1 You are permitted to print and download extracts from this Website for your own use on the following basis:
- no documents or related graphics on this Website are modified in any way;
- no graphics on this Website are used separately from accompanying text;
- the Company's copyright and trade mark notices appear in all copies; and
- (in the case of resources made available to you in the vClub Area) you are a current client of the Company's.
2.2 Unless otherwise stated, and subject to paragraph
2.3 the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by the Company or its licensors. For the purposes of this legal notice, any use of extracts from this Website other than in accordance with paragraph 2.1 above for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in this legal notice, your permission to use this Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from this Website. If you cease to be a client of the Company's, you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from this Website (including but not limited to resources downloaded from the vClub Area.) 2.3 All trademarks used on this website are the property of the proprietor/s of those trademarks. The Company makes no claim to ownership of trademarks used on the website of which they are not proprietors.
2.4 Subject to paragraph 2.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without the Company's prior written permission.
2.5 Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
3. Service access
3.1 While the Company endeavours to ensure that this Website is normally available 24 hours a day, the Company shall not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
3.2 Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the Company's control.
4. Visitor material and conduct
4.2 You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
4.3 You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
4.4 The Company shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the Company to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of paragraph 4.2 or paragraph 4.3, and shall be entitled to report to the any law enforcement authorities any breach of paragraph 4.2 or paragraph 4.3.
5. Links to and from other websites
5.1 Links to third party websites on this Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this Website. The Company has not reviewed all of these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. The Company therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
5.2 If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- you obtain our prior consent;
- you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the Company's logo;
- you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this Website;
- you do not in any way imply that the Company is endorsing any products or services other than its own;
- you do not misrepresent your relationship with the Company nor present any other false information about the Company;
- you do not otherwise use any of the Company's trade marks displayed on this Website without express written permission from the Company;
- you do not otherwise use any trade marks other than those owned by the Company displayed on this Website without express written permission from the proprietor of that trademark;
- you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
5.3 The Company expressly reserves the right to revoke at any time the right granted in paragraph 5.2 for breach of these terms and to take any action it deems appropriate.
5.4 You shall fully indemnify the Company for any loss or damage suffered by the Company or any of its group companies for breach of paragraph 5.2.
6.1 Each registration is for a single user only. The Company does not permit you to share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.
6.2 Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you. Neither we nor any supplier is responsible for investigating the authority of you or any person whom you permit to use any means of secured access provided to you by us. You are solely responsible for monitoring the use that you and any subsidiary users make of our site.
6.3 We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny users access to our site or any part of our site without notice and to decline to provide the service to any user that is in breach of these terms and conditions of use.
6.4 We may terminate your registration immediately if you are in breach of any of these terms and conditions or in the event that our agreement with the sponsoring organization (usually your employer) terminates for whatever reason. You may terminate your registration at any time by notifying your Validium telephone helpline who will then arrange for your access rights to our site to be removed. Termination will not affect any agreements you have entered into through the site with third parties, unless the agreement with the third party provides for a right of termination upon termination of your registration for any reason.
7.1 While the Company endeavours to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, the Company does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. The Company may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and the Company makes no commitment to update such material.
7.2 The material on this Website is provided "as is", without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company provides you with this Website on the basis that the Company excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for this legal notice might have effect in relation to this Website.
7.3 Without limitation to paragraph 7.2, the material available on this Website is not suitable for diagnosis, self diagnosis or dispensing by persons unqualified to make medical or psychological treatment decisions. No material on this Website is a substitute for the specific advice of the Company's clinicians, and the Company recommends that the advice of a qualified clinician should always be sought by contacting the Company at:
The Validium Group Limited
52-54 Aylesbury End
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 (0)1494 685200
8.1 The Company, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), and any of the Company's group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders, contractors, clinicians or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in delict (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website or your downloading of any material from this Website or any websites linked to this Website.
8.2 Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit the Company's liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); or
- fraud; or
- misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
- any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
8.3 If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
9. Governing law and jurisdiction
This legal notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this legal notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.